Feeding solid foods is such an important milestone in you and your baby’s life. It is always important to remember safety first. Below are some safety tips for feeding baby solids.
- Make sure that wall mountings, electrical outlets, and objects on counter tops are out of baby’s reach from the feeding chair.
- Your baby should not be able to grab something and use it for leverage to tip chair over.
- Never leave your baby alone in a high chair.
- Never allow older children to play in baby’s high chair or hang onto it.
- Always use the full restraint system including the waist and middle straps when seating baby in the high chair- never use just the tray alone.
- Remember to clean the chair and the restraint system on a regular basis.
- Your baby should be seated in an upright position in the high chair or infant seat in order to prevent choking during eating
- Remember to stop using the seat when your child has reached the recommended maximum height or weight.
For more safety tips while feeding solids check out the Super Baby Food App (available for free for a limited time), check out Super Baby Food or check back to the blog!