Super Snacks are an important part of the Super Baby Food diet. Both in the morning and in the afternoon, super snacks (finger foods) can be fed to your older baby or toddler to maintain a balanced nutritional diet every day.
Just as breakfast, lunch, dinner, breast milk and/or formula meals are important, so too, is the importance of the super snack. The common baby and toddler snack ideas are well known and include: cheerios, oatios, whole grain crackers, soft ripe pieces of fruits, etc.
Below are some out-of-the box super snack ideas that might turn your usual idea of “snack” for baby on its ear! Have you considered…
- small tofu chunks
- crumbled egg pieces, cooked solid or scrambled
- well-cooked, small wheat pasta pieces
- bits of well-cooked french toast
- small lumps of cottage cheese, mixed with wheat germ, rolled in a ball
- small pieces of soft cheese
- Clean and cook vegetables until they are soft and cut into small pieces no larger than a Cheerio.
Have you come up with some super snack ideas that your baby loves? Share them!